The Hydrographic Society of America
Photo Contest 2019
The Hydrographic Society of America (THSOA) is having a photo contest with the top 12 winning photos will be displayed on our 2020 calendar.
How exactly can I participate? Current and paid “Members” of THSOA can participate. BECOME A MEMBER HERE
All THSOA members can submit their favorite photos of Hydrographic/Geomatics products/services in action – in your office, in your lab, or in the field.
How exactly can I submit my images to the contest? Go to the UPLOAD button below and upload the image and tell us a little about the motive. After uploading your image, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a full description for your image.
Terms and Conditions of the THSOA Photo Contest 2019
1. Entries for the “THSOA Photo Contest 2019" must be submitted online at https://thsoa.org/page-18394. Entry opens on June 1, 2019. The closing date is August 31, 2019. THSOA reserves the right at their sole discretion to extend the closing date for a reasonable period of time where an insufficient number of the entries received have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
2. The winners will be announced after August 31, 2019
3. THSOA may exclude images from the top 12 if there is reason to suspect cheating in the voting process.
4. By submission of images, the Participants grant THSOA a non-exclusive right to use the content for promotional use.
5. All submitted photos must show a situation where hydrographic/geomatics products/services are being used.
6. THSOA may cancel this competition and amend these terms and conditions without notice in the event of circumstances outside their control.
7. By their participation, the Participants warrant that they have the full intellectual proprietary rights to the uploaded content.
8. Please make sure your photos are HSSE-proof (people wearing the proper personal protection and no unsafe situations).
9. Your digital pictures must be of the highest possible resolution (minimum 1 MB, 300 dpi)
10. Where client companies are named or easily identifiable in photos, please ensure that you have obtained written permission from the appropriate management at those companies for the photos to be published by THSOA.
11. Entry into the competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.