The Hydrographic Society of America recently added videos from IHO
to our website.
There are three different videos:
- Hydrography as a career (English Only)
- Hydrography (English and Spanish)
- Hydrography explained to kids (English and Spanish)
To view the video visit our website at www.thsoa.org/Videos
IHO will create another video on recruitment of Hydrographer. They are seeking video footage and images.
The potential images and videos they are looking for are:
- Surveying from jet-skis
- Images of beautiful seas and beaches - ex. Carribean, Indonesia, Polynesia and Australia
- A picturesque, remote promontory in Scotland/Ireland, a remote and beautiful lighthouse.
- Airplanes, helicopters, commercial survey ship, underwater, oil platform, navy
- Hydrographers at work
- Antarctica jobs with operators on the ice pack under extreme conditions
- Multibean clip in Australia
- Survey underway in busy sea lane
- Burning oil at sea in Gulf of Mexico
- Rescuing cute sea animals
- Pipeline/Cable route Surveys
- High definition harbour surveys
- Tsunami in Japan or Indian Ocean
- Boundaries, Warships, Coast Guard Vessels
minimum standards HD Ready (1280x720) clean, no logos or banners – 2500 kbps – 25 images per second;
tiff, jpg or psd format, minimum 2200x1700 pixels - resolution 150 dpi – 8 bit per color channel.
To submit your photos or videos clips please email: email@example.com.