Who May Apply
- Open to all qualified United States citizens. Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- One vacant position aboard the NOAA Ship Fairweather, homeported in Ketchikan, AK.
- Effective July 14, 2021 - Recruitment Incentive may be authorized. OMAO is authorizing a Recruitment Bonus up to $10,000.00 for eligible applicants for a two (2) year service commitment.
- Requirements: OMAO shipboard employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with the agency, if after November 22. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
- Serves on a ship, launch/small boat, or field party conducting hydrographic survey operations.
- Leads, manages, and directs survey department personnel in all hydrographic data acquisition and processing tasks.
- Serves as Officer-in-Charge or closely supervises particularly complex or difficult technical projects that are critical to the ship’s mission.
- Manages the Survey Department personnel to include evaluating and recommending candidates for survey specific qualifications, planning and directing work assignments, conducting and monitoring training activities, and review of survey data products.
- Serves as rating official for survey department personnel.
- Provides periodic performance counselling and reviews with survey personnel as required.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Licensing and/or certification requirements:
- Must possess a United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential with Entry Level ratings – OS, Wiper, Steward Department (FH).
- Must possess a United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential with Medical Certificate.
Experience and/or education requirement(s):
- Applicants must have One (1) year of experience at the Hydrographic Senior Survey Technician level or equivalent engaged in the hydrographic field and three years of experience in a survey related field, including: hydrography, oceanographic research, or other related field.
For more information, visit: https://marinerhiring.noaa.gov/Jobs/Announcement/ViewAnnouncement?id=34