The role of Online Surveyor is responsible for acquiring and processing accurate positioning data (vessel & sensors) and assisting in managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by the project manager, party chief, and / or client representative in accordance with safe work procedures. This position is responsible for assuring the client needs are effectively met regarding the offshore survey activities in adherence to project and company procedures.
The main responsibilites are;
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment.
- Manages and carries out specific job tasks as requested by party chief.
- Trains and adheres to Sulmara or client company’s specific requirements.
- Attends all daily Job Safety Analysis / Tool-Box Talks.
- Coordinates and communicates with crew members and project managers.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer’s online software packages and equipment.
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, Navigation Software, USBL and scanning sonar.
- Monitor data quality from all online survey systems.
- Able to operate online systems.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of system calibrations and the effect of calibration on data quality.
- Manage data, including online logging and records.
- The ability to process survey data.
- Able to interpret tides and water column parameters.
- Operation of positioning systems.
- The ability to understand and assist in calibrations.
- Able to interpret datums, projections and conventional land survey techniques.
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job, such as; flying in an airplane, flying in helicopter, crew boat transfers, Billy Pugh transfers, lifting 50-100lbs, climb up and down stairs daily
Qualifications & Experience;
- Qualification in an appropriate survey related subject.
- Minimum level HNC/HND or appropriate technical/military experience and qualifications.
- Good standard of IT literacy/Team player/Good communication skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain all industry required certificates to work offshore.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and/or visas to travel internationally in countries the company operates in
Apply here: https://sulmara.crewsmart.co.uk/recruitment.cfm?ref=5485D39126714578BAC8C3FD36559E0E