The Data Processor is responsible for the on-board processing, QC and management of all relevant acquired data including but not limited to hydrographic and/or bathymetric data, as well as the production of associated charts. This position is responsible for assuring the client needs are effectively met regarding the offshore survey activities in adherence to project and company procedures.
The main responsibilites are;
- Assists new and current employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Manages and carries out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager.
- Trains and adheres to Sulmara or client company’s specific requirements.
- Coordinates and communicates with party chief, crew members and project managers.
- Use and interpret data acquisition equipment.
- Process, interpret, and monitor survey data within a supervised project environment.
- Present and report survey data.
- Manage data in a supervised project environment.
- Good understanding of online navigation and data logging systems.
- Understanding of tide theory and create tide files.
- The ability to understand the need for calibrations.
- The ability to install and configure processing software.
- Proficient in processing programs, follow procedures and interpret survey data.
- Use and interpretation of geophysical data recording and presentation.
- Advanced computer aided drafting skills for charting.
- Present, report and quality control charts in accordance with client/project specific requirements.
- Implement, maintain and archive in accordance with data management procedures.
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job, such as; flying in an airplane, flying in helicopter, crew boat transfers, Billy Pugh transfers, lifting 50-100lbs, climb up and down stairs daily.
Qualifications & Experience;
- Qualification in an appropriate engineering or IT related subject - minimum level HNC/HND or appropriate technical/military experience and qualifications.
- Good standard of IT literacy/Team player/Good communication skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain all industry required certificates to work offshore.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and/or visas to travel internationally in countries the company operates in.
Apply here: https://sulmara.crewsmart.co.uk/recruitment.cfm?ref=ECA7B65FBA40C53054278CAEFBA46AE2