The role of a Party Chief is responsible for managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and/or field client representatives for the survey project’s field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
The main responsibilities are;
- Manage and carry out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager.
- Assist all offshore surveyors in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Coordinating and communicating with clients, crew members and project managers.
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for offshore operations including personnel, daily progress, asset utilization and maintenance.
- Conduct and document (JSA)/ Tool-Box Talks, Risk Assessments, and project briefings.
- Responsible for the care and safety of company and client equipment and vessels.
- Training and promoting of fellow field personnel.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer’s software and equipment.
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, Navigation Software, USBL and scanning sonar.
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job, such as; flying in an airplane, flying in helicopter, crew boat transfers, Billy Pugh transfers, lifting 50-100lbs, climb up and down stairs daily.
Qualifications & Experience;
- 3+ years’ experience as a Sr Surveyor in the Marine Construction Survey field.
- Must have or be able to obtain all industry required certificates to work offshore.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and/or visas to travel internationally in countries the company operates in.
To apply: https://sulmara.crewsmart.co.uk/recruitment.cfm?ref=56AC12644C6325A4AE595439B167EF07