This opportunity will prepare a new graduate who has a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in a survey related subject preferably in Hydrography, Marine Technology, Geomatics, or Geophysics to start their career in offshore Survey within the Energy sector.
The successful candidate will be predominately supporting our Geophysical Operations team and projects for our Americas clients as well as global prospects associated with other regions should they be able to travel internationally.
The role of Graduate Offshore Surveyor is responsible for acquiring the skills and experience to become a Survey Technician and is responsible for ensuring all equipment received to the vessel is configured correctly and all integration work carried out onboard is conducted safely and meets contractual and quality requirements. Following all instructions from the onboard supervisor.
The main responsibilities are;
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Manages and carries out specific job tasks as requested by party chief
- Trains and adheres to Sulmara or client company’s specific requirements
- Attends all daily Job Safety Analysis / Tool-Box Talks
Qualifications & Experience;
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
- Basic knowledge with a variety of the field concepts, survey practices, survey procedures
- Basic knowledge of online systems
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of system calibrations and the effect of calibration on data quality
- Manage data, including online logging and records
- The ability to understand and assist in calibrations
- Able to interpret datums, projections and conventional land survey techniques
- Preferred academic qualification in an appropriate survey related subject
- Good standard of IT literacy/Team player/Good communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain all industry required certificates to work offshore
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and/or visas to travel internationally in countries the company operates in
To apply for the position, please visit: https://sulmara.crewsmart.co.uk/recruitment.cfm?ref=6B2CB4A4E5F58568F414E9FD39A8436D