Since 1975, GBA has provided consulting engineering and surveying services from concept to completion for dredging of port development, land reclamation and coastal engineering projects. With offices located on the major estuaries of the east, west and gulf coasts, GBA is the largest firm in the US specializing in dredging engineering, hydrographic surveys, and subsurface investigations. Our recent teaming with ST Hudson Engineering has expanded the Team’s capabilities to include other engineering and surveying services.
The incumbent shall serve as Lead Hydrographic Survey Technician for a detached hydrographic/topographic survey crew with minimal supervision. Hydrographic surveys shall be conducted from vessels up to 40 feet in length. Data collection shall include single beam/multi-beam data collection, side scan sonar data collection, towed arrays including magnetometer and sub-bottom devices.
Required Skills and Experience
- This is not an entry level position.
- SAFETY is paramount in all aspects of GBA’s work environment.
- Skills required include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of all inland and nearshore hydrographic surveying procedures and data processing techniques to meet or exceed the Hydrographic Standards as referenced within the Corps of Engineers Hydrographic Survey Manual.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate clear communication skills.
- Ability to collect and process topographic data as referenced to hydrographic applications.
- Extensive experience in both single beam and multi-beam hydrographic data collection and processing. Ability to perform all functions for single beam and multi-beam surveys from field to finish.
- Experience with hydrographic surveys in support of dredging projects
- Extensive experience with utilizing industry standard hydrographic data collection and post processing software, such as: HYPACK/HYSWEEP/QUINCY/CHESAPEAKE/SONARWIZ/ ETC.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing industry standard hydrographic data collection equipment, such as Real-Time Kinematic GPS, single beam echo sounders, multibeam data collection systems, MRUs (including all peripheral devices associated with hydrographic data collection systems).
- Collection and post processing of Side Scan Sonar data.
- Collection of Magnetometer data.
- Familiarity with collection of geophysical data using towed arrays.
- Functional knowledge of survey industry standards
- Demonstrated experience providing CAD products
- Salary shall be commensurate with skills, knowledge and demonstrated experience, augmented by professional licensure and/or certification.
- Extensive overnight travel and a flexible schedule are required. A valid state driver’s license is mandatory.
Send resumes to email@example.com or apply online at www.gba-inc.com