MIND Technology, Inc. provides technology and solutions in maritime defense and security, marine exploration and marine survey markets. Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, MIND Technology is a NASDAQ listed company with a global presence and key operating locations in the United States, Singapore, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. Its Klein and Seamap units design, manufacture and sell specialized, high performance sonar and seismic exploration equipment.
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Business Development Officer and based in the Washington DC area, the Director of US Navy Business Development will be responsible for directly contributing to MIND Technology’s annual revenue target growth and expansion into new customer and technology segments.
MIND Technology is expanding its market and customer presence by delivering leading-edge technologies and innovative applications of existing technologies to navy customers in the US and internationally. The Director, US Navy Business Development will be directly involved in creating customer engagement and opportunity capture strategies.
- Director, US Navy Business Development is responsible for developing and achieving the growth targets for the development and capture of new navy business.
- This position will work closely with MIND Technology senior executives to develop and support the company’s strategic direction, define and align rules of customer engagement, identify and leverage synergistic opportunities across the business and ensure growth objectives are achieved.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Capture new business opportunities with US Navy and related agencies
- Capture new business opportunities with US prime systems integrators and select international companies pursuing US Navy business
- Develop US Navy business opportunity pipeline, and establish and deliver US Navy business financial growth plans and revenue forecasts
- Develop and deliver SBIR/STTR opportunities and other customer funded R&D opportunities
- Develop and maintain key customer and partner relationships with US Navy and prime systems integrators (e.g., Lockheed Martin, Huntington Ingalls, L3Harris)
- Identify product enhancements, new product ideas and applications based on customer needs and market trends
- Create, maintain, and coordinate an industry competitive assessment related to US Navy and related maritime markets
- Lead presentation of opportunity specific bid/no-bid reviews and proposal preparation.
- Assist the company in support of marketing and sales opportunities such as trade shows, conferences, and event planning as directed Required
- 10 plus years of direct related business development experience in the U.S. Navy/defense industry and a thorough understanding of new business capture process, methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD/Navy acquisition processes
- Demonstrated experience delivering individual new business opportunities/wins of $5M+ in value
- Proven ability to influence and effectively shape customer requirements.
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering short and long-term order intake plans
- Thorough understanding of NAVSEA Acquisition Program Management offices and relevant Navy Warfare Laboratories (NSWC, NUWC)
- Eligibility to obtain a US security clearance and access government facilities.
- Experience capturing foreign military sales opportunities
- Understanding of export license requirements and processes (EAR, ITAR)
- Knowledge of other US maritime related agencies such as US Coast Guard and NOAA is a plus
- Program Management experience is a plus
Please forward your resume to: Kleinemployment@MIND-Technology.com