TDI-Brooks is seeking a Laboratory Manager at our campus in College Station, TX. TDI-Brooks a research and service company specializing in high-end environmental chemistry; multi-disciplinary oceanographic and environmental projects; surface geochemical exploration and heat flow; geotechnical and offshore survey projects for the O&G industry as well as federal and state agencies. The corporate headquarters and 10,000 sq. ft laboratory is situated on 75 acres just north of Houston in College Station. Here you will find our corporate offices, laboratories and field operations facilities. TDI-Brooks has a staff of nearly one-hundred individuals including fourteen Ph.D. level oceanographers, geochemists, biologists, and geologists.
We seek a degreed chemist with laboratory management experience to serve as our Laboratory Manager (Environmental/Geochemistry) at our College Station campus. The position reports to our Vice President / Chief Technology Officer, and is responsible for managing our environmental and geochemical laboratory. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Bidding, directing, executing, and invoicing analytical laboratory services and projects
- Maintaining and improving our laboratory processes and quality
- Sustaining compliance with our ISO9001 certification, quality system, and permits
- Responding to clients and potential client needs, questions, and concerns
- Managing, evaluating, and mentoring a team of lab chemists and technicians
- Managing laboratory subcontractors
- Proposing and reviewing novel technologies and processes to advance our lab offerings
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a chemist in an analytical laboratory
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a practicing laboratory manager
How to apply?
Qualified applicants should send a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org