GFA is seeking a full-time, experienced Professional Surveyor to join our busy survey team in Traverse City, Michigan. This position will assist the survey department with management and supervision of survey projects. This position is responsible for coordinating field staff in the successful collection of data and construction layout activities; and office staff in processing and analyzing data, the drafting and development of all types of land surveys, record drawings, plans and reports. Hydrographic certification is a plus!
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, and schedules
- Communication, including coordination and management of office/field staff, project teams, and clients
- Perform research as needed to support projects
- Interpret and process data
- Provide QA/QC for projects and processes, review data and documentation for accuracy/precision
- Mentor and provide a high level of integrity for the company and the profession
- Monitor team’s work and progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of 7-8 years of land surveying experience with a proven track record of successful project management
- Registration as a Professional Surveyor in the State of Michigan
- Strong knowledge of land surveying principles and practices, as well as applicable laws governing the profession
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation
- Possess strong critical thinking and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to shape communications for specific audiences
- Ability to receive and process feedback and provide feedback
- Well-developed conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Required to have a valid driver license with a clean driving record in the State of Michigan
- GFA (Gourdie-Fraser, Inc.) is a multi-disciplinary engineering, surveying, construction testing, and contract operations company. Established in 1948 as John C. Norton Company (land surveyors), GFA has a long and established track record. Today GFA provides surveying services for both public and private clients, as well as fulfilling multiple as-needed surveying contracts for utility providers, state agencies, and the federal government. As “Neighbors building strong communities together” GFA prides itself on our core values of local commitment, long client relationships, technologically-driven services and solutions, a team environment, and integrity. We are seeking a candidate who will strive to uphold these values.
- GFA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to our employees, their contributions, professional goals, and personal goals. This includes, but is not limited to: vacation, and holiday pay; a 401(k) match program; profit sharing; health, dental, and vision insurance options; and much more! In addition to our benefits package, our employee appreciation program includes project celebrations, team training events, group educational conferences, and more.
- GFA offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required for individual coverage; dental/vision, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage; matching 401(k); profit sharing; and generous bonus and paid time off programs. GFA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
For immediate consideration, please upload a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations through the link provided at https://gfa.tc/careers/
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: 7-8 years of Surveying (preferred)
- Bonuses as additional compensation
- Work from one location
- Health insurance (eight plans available)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flex spending for daycare and/or medical costs
- Supplemental insurance coverage available to purchase