The Marine Technology Society and the IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society partner to present OCEANS; this prestigious conference and exhibition draws an audience of more than 2,000 attendees. OCEANS is the bi-annual event for global marine technologists, engineers, students, government officials, scientists, and advocates. These leaders gather for four days to highlight relevant topics and current trends, while creating a community of learners and influencers who consistently advance research, practices, and policies for the marine field.
The central Gulf Coast is home to a number of federal agencies with maritime missions including the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, NOAA’s National Data Buoy Center and National Center for Environmental Information, EPA’s Gulf of Mexico Program, USGS’s Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility, the U.S. Coast Guard, and more.
Join us as we highlight local maritime science and technology, as well as bring you updates on the latest industrial, academic, and federal innovations.
- Featuring:Presentations of professionally reviewed technical papers
- Locally-focused special sessions, town halls, and panels
- Plenary sessions with leaders from industry, academia, the military and government
- High-traffic exhibit hall with the latest technologies supporting maritime programs
- Multiple opportunities to promote your company to large federal agencies and contractors
- Live demonstrations of cutting-edge Navy and NOAA technologies
- A full student poster session and competition, with outstanding projects from around the world
- The new Young Professionals Program
- Recognition and Awards for a K-12 and technical school Outreach Engineering Design Challenge
- Prizes for a Beach Trash Art contest, exhibiting the works from all groups and ages
- Tutorials, Workshops, Tech Demos
- A fantastic social and networking opportunity for all…and much more!