HydroTerra Technologies is currently seeking a Hydrographic/Land Survey Party chief. Three to five year’s knowledge and experience with HYPACK software, sidescan, multibeam, single beam, and magnetometer applications is preferred.
Survey work will be in mobile applications primarily vessel based single and multibeam bathymetry, seafloor mapping using side scan sonar, magnetometers, and subbottom profilers.
• Configure and operate various hydrographic instrumentation primarily single beam, multibeam bathymetric, magnetometer, side scan sonar, and subbottom profilers.
• Configure and operate RTK and DGPS navigation systems for navigation and data collection purposes.
• Ability to configure and operate land survey equipment is a plus.
• Execute projects within small teams and responsible to conduct and self-manage projects.
• Basic maintenance and repair of systems in the field as well as in the office tech shop.
• Participate in and support continuous improvement of the company’s processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience conducting Hydrographic Surveys with at least one year in direct charge of Hydrographic Survey Projects.
• Post high school surveying and/or industrial training in college, university or a vocational / technical setting.
• Experience with Hypack/Hysweep data collection and processing is preferred.
• Familiarity with GPS processing software, such as Trimble Geomatics Office, preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with the collection of Multi-beam and single beam, magnetometer, Side-scan sonar, and familiarity with hydrographic data processing and analysis software, such as Hypack.
• Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and technical software applications required.
• Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal, to include communicating in a professional manner.
• Possession of a valid, unrestricted Louisiana driver’s license or be able to acquire one, and an acceptable driving record.
• Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical.
• Must be able to routinely lift/carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and lift/move equipment up to 75 pounds.
• Full benefits package including health benefits.
• Compensation: Competitive
HydroTerra Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Please include cover letter with salary requirements and submit resume to:
Attn: Operations Manager
202 Jacobs Run
Scott, LA 70583