Geodynamics is currently seeking entry level Survey Technicians to be based in Morehead City, North Carolina. Applicants should have work or educational experience in coastal science, coastal or offshore surveying, geomatics, or a related discipline. The successful candidate will assist with field data collection in various marine and terrestrial environments using modern techniques. Other duties will include data processing, analysis, report production, and equipment maintenance. This position will require periodic travel both in and out of state.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties
- Acquire data using multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, and sub-bottom profilers.
- Operate and process data derived from precise positioning systems such as RTK-GPS, VRS, DGPS and inertial navigation.
- Support data processing, analysis and reporting efforts.
- Small vessel operation with USCG licensing desirable.
- Basic calibration, integration, maintenance and repair of various survey systems & platforms.
Knowledge / Skills / General Requirements
- Experience with data acquisition systems including: multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, inertial navigation, sub-bottom profilers is preferred but not required.
- Experience with industry standard software packages including: Hypack, Caris, QPS, SonarWiz, POSPac, ArcGIS, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-manage and problem solve.
- Ability to perform field work including travel and weekends, and the physical ability to lift objects over 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- A commitment to details and an enthusiastic attitude.
Education / Experience Requirements
- BA, BS, or AAS degree in Geomatics or related scientific discipline.
- Experience working on boats and in the coastal environment.
Compensation / Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to a base salary, our Field Bonus Program provides extra compensation for field work (weekday and weekends).
- Team work environment with a committment to mentorship and continuing education and advancement.
- Paid leave includes annual sick leave, 7 federal holidays, and a minimum of 10 days paid vacation. Additional vacation leave can be earned through our Field Bonus Program.
- Our 401k retirement program includes a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% of salary, an automatic 3% employer contribution, and potential for Profit Sharing employer contributions.
- Employees receive health, dental, and life insurance benefits with premiums currently paid entirely by the company.
- Dog-friendly office environment.
Geodynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online here: https://geodynamics.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21&source=THSOA