Hydrographer Apply online at: https://bit.ly/34TqJE6
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Woolpert seeks a certified Hydrographer to work in our Bay St. Louis, Mississippi office. This position is primarily responsible for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting for airborne bathymetric lidar projects. The chosen individual will be a core member of our field operations team and as such must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid working Visa.
• Planning field operations, overseeing field personnel, and providing QA/QC of data
• Executing field operations, operating and maintaining sensors, and processing sensor data
• Verifying/Validating sensors work correctly and analyze and research hydrographic data
• Drive sensor design and software improvements
• Field testing of design improvements of hardware and software
• Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their precision • Prepare or supervise the preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys
• Preparing reports and simulations
• Quality control and production tracking including preparing daily and weekly production reports
• Supervising and ensuring the care of equipment in the field
• Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and technical personnel, clients, and others
• Other duties as assigned
• NSPS/ACSM Certified Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer, or Professional Land Surveyor candidates will be viewed favorably
• A degree in a geomatics related field (hydrography, surveying, or engineering) and a minimum of 5 years applied hydrographic field experience, or an applicable Master’s Degree and 3 years’ experience.
• Active Secret clearance is required.
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of hydrographic data acquisition systems including Airborne Lidar, Multibeam Sonars, Single-beam Sonars, Side Scan Sonars, and GNSS navigation systems. • Experience using bathymetric process software packages which include HydroFusion, PFMABE, Caris, Qimera, and Global Mapper, QINSy, HYPACK, Edgetech Discover, SonarWiz,
• Knowledge of AutoCAD or GIS a plus • Knowledge of mobilizing third party vessels from the bottom up a plus
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
• Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
• Duties include moderate travel.
Leading Innovation and Integrity…
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity, and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security, and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn…
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.