Call for Papers, Posters & Workshops
Authors are invited to submit abstracts for papers and posters for presentation at U.S. Hydro 2019. The deadline to submit your abstract is November 30, 2018.
Topics of particular interest include Hydrographic Sciences and Technology as applied to:
- Emerging Software & Technology
- Coastal Management & Restoration
- Data: Multi-use, Analysis, & Intelligence
- Hydrographic Education & Development
- International Hydrographic Collaboration
- Hydrography for Coastal & Offshore Structures
- The Future of Nautical Charting & Ocean Mapping
- Hydrographic Project Management/Maritime Law & Policy
Abstract Submission Guidelines
· The abstract should contain information and/or data that demonstrates that high quality information will be presented
· Abstracts should not promote a commercial product, process, or service.
· Abstract should be clear and well written.
· Authors should comply with instructions and deadlines provided with the call for abstracts.
· Papers should be 20-25 minutes in length with an additional 5 minutes for Q&A
· Papers and posters will be featured online and in the printed program
· All presenters must register for the meeting, pay applicable registration fees and attend the meeting
· Submissions will be reviewed by the abstract review committee, and you will be notified via email within two weeks of review regarding acceptance
Any questions regarding Papers contact the Technical Speaker Coordinator - Huw James (email@example.com)
Any questions regarding Posters contact the Poster Board/Lightning Rounds Coordinator – Josh Mode, Teledyne CARIS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Call for papers & posters deadline to submit abstracts is November 30, 2018.
Call for Vendor and Core Workshops
Vendors are invited to hold workshops on Monday, March 18th (before the U.S. Hydro 2019 technical sessions begin on Tuesday). Vendor workshops will initially be allocated a 3 hour time slot for either the morning or afternoon workshop session. Requests for longer or shorter time slots can be made and will be accommodated if possible. The deadline to submit your vendor workshop title and description is November 30, 2018.
Core workshops and the Hydrographer Certification Exam will take place concurrent the technical sessions March 19-21. Core workshops provide a refresher on key topics (e.g. tides, geodesy etc.) covered in the Hydrographer Certification Exam and are an important component of the U.S. Hydro Conference (for both hydrographers seeking certification and others interested in learning). If you have provided a core workshop in the past, please consider doing so again or suggest another person/group who may be able to deliver the information. If you have not provided a core workshop in the past, but are interested in contributing to the community of learning at U.S. Hydro please sign-up. Core workshops will be added to the program on a rolling basis through February 2, 2019, but early sign-up to host a core workshop is encouraged and appreciated. To sign-up for a core workshop please submit the workshop topic, number of hours needed to present the topic, and preferred day/time of workshop.
Vendor workshop titles and descriptions, core workshop topics and any workshop related questions should be submitted to the Workshop Coordinator - Samantha Bruce, QPS (email@example.com).
Call for vendor workshops deadline to submit title and description is November 30, 2018.