We are proud to announce the three scholarship winners for the 72nd Multibeam Sonar Training Course hosted by UNB-OMG/UNH-CCOM in New Orleans.
The three scholarship winners are:
- Gilbert Alviola, The University of Southern Mississippi
- Kristopher Jason Enfinger, Florida Institute of Technology
- Abdul Halim Ahmad Nordin, The University of Southern Mississippi
If any of the candidates are unable to attend the course, the following are the standby alternates:
- Michael Arturo Linthon Alvarez, Instituto Oceanográfico de la Armada
- Marc Stern, University of Wisconsin - Platteville
- Grant Cain, University of Alaska Fairbanks
We received 42 scholarship applications. The drawing was held at the Houston Chapter's 2016 Holiday Dinner & Scholarship Presentation on December 8th, 2016 at Omni Houston Hotel.
THSOA would like to express our thanks to the organizers of the Multibeam Sonar Training Course for their generous donation. They graciously donated a course registration to THSOA. THSOA also purchased two additional registrations for the scholarship.
The 72nd UNB-OMG/UNH-CCOM Multibeam Sonar Training Course will be held from January 9th, 2017 thru January 14th 2017 at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, LA. Course information can be found online at www.hydrometrica.com/wp/multibeam-courses.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or scholarship application, please email email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the Multibeam Sonar Training Course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.