At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
The Geomatics Division is a highly collaborative team. With a group of Professional Surveyors, Hydrographers, Technicians, and Geoscientists, we offer a special skillset to achieve client preferences.
We have an immediate opening for a Hydrographic Surveyor to join the Hydrographic and Geophysical practice of our Geomatics Division in either our New Jersey, Albany, or New York City office. We are looking for self-motivated, team-oriented technical staff with strong communication skills and a background in marine survey and/or geosciences. The position will involve surveying above and underwater across the United States with a primary focus in New York Harbor, and the Northeast.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct field operations for hydrographic and geophysical survey projects
- Installation, calibration, and operation of high resolution multibeam and singlebeam sonar systems
- Acquisition, Post processing, Analysis, and QA/QC of hydrographic datasets
- Installation and operation of GNSS and motion reference positioning equipment, calibration techniques, and post processing
- Preparation of survey reports and other technical documents
- Liaise with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects
- Complete all company required HSE training; actively participate in regular safety meetings
- Assist with mobilizing and demobilizing survey vessels in the field, including trailering, launching and recovery of vessels
- Assist with vessel operations as needed
- Creation of final products in AutoCAD or GIS
- Performs other duties as required
For more information and to apply for the position, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=329e492c-22c1-4cbd-8dbe-895334621fcb&jobId=321629&lang=en_US&source=CC4