TerraSond is looking to add a Survey Technician to the team, the successful candidate must be based in mainland United States & be willing to travel within the United States as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting surveying and mapping duties under the supervision of a Project Manager or more senior Survey Technicians. They will verify the accuracy of collected data, and prepares data, charts, plots, maps, records, documents and deliverables related to the survey. They may also conduct ADCP mooring configuration, surface navigation, LBL, USBL, geophysical and seismic data collection The Survey Technician is also required to serve as a member of the vessel crew as needed.
This role will involve working in a combination of office and field environments. Field work is performed outdoors and may take place in inclement weather and extreme temperatures. Hydrographic survey work requires working at sea for extended periods of time and may require living and working in close, cramped quarters. Both field and office work require occasional heavy lifting of survey equipment. Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, long days, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet project deadlines. Extensive travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all company required HSE training; actively participate in regular safety meetings.
- Assist in establishing project goals and objectives.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain surveying equipment including single beam echo sounders, multi-beam echo sounders, sidescan, applicable Motion Reference Units, and Gyros.
- Review GPS differential correction source and software to ensure that configuration is correct.
- Coordinate with the team, review project plans from start to finish to identify and resolve problems, accept responsibility for assigned tasks following all quality control standards, review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures, and suggest improvements as necessary.
- Collect hydrographic data offshore.
- Analyze and process data using project-specified software packages.
- Follow all quality assurance and quality control methods during collected and processing of field data.
- Update supervisor daily with data acquisition progress, maintain survey logs, update records, and write field operation daily reports.
- Assist with mobilizing and demobilizing survey vessels in the field.
- Assist with vessel operations and vessel crew duties as needed.
For more information, or to apply for the position, please visit the posting here: https://acteon.jobs.net/en-GB/job/hydrographic-survey-technician/J3M35H6Q6YHCBKTFYY1