Hydrographic Commercial Manager - Americas (Marine) Houston
Fugro has recently established the Hydrography Center of Excellence at its Houston campus. The core technologies and expertise of this new group revolve around bathymetry surveys, such as hydrographic and nautical charting whereby utilizing both vessel and aircraft data collections. In addition to these existing markets, the group is focused to expand into coastal zone management (CZM), oceanography, environmental and climate sciences, and law of the sea boundary claims. Moving forward, many of the technologies being developed and assessed by the group involve autonomous vessels and aircraft applications, such as; ASV for maritime and UAV for the airborne. With the growing demand for these services, additional staffing is now required to support the group, and our customers. Many of the existing and future projects are in support of government coastal, oceanographic and seabed classification requirements.
The Hydrographic Commercial Manager is responsible for managing all commercial aspects for the Hydrographic Service Line activities. This is a senior position that reports to the Director and this role is responsible for the oversight and success of commercial aspects of the Hydrographic service line (SL). In addition, the role will work closely with the operations team to develop proposals and review the proposed technical approach against costs.
· Maintain a reasonable understanding of the data types, data acquisition methods, data processing methods, software solutions and hardware solutions developed by and used by the SL.
· Understand business trends and competition within Fugro’s current and potential future markets through research and investigation.
· Have a situation awareness of the company, in terms of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· Collaborate with the Director and other management, support the development and maintenance of Fugro’s strategic business plan.
· Develop and manage the execution of business plans that contain specific goals and objectives.
· Create and administer a department budget that covers all business development, sales and marketing functions within the SL.
· Knowledgeable of government contracting policies and procedures in the US and in foreign countries where the Hydrographic SL does business.
· Review contract terms and conditions in the preparation of proposals on formal tender opportunities and negotiate contracts (including terms and conditions), when Fugro is selected for contract award.
· Establish a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system within Fugro and the SL; and manage its use by sales and marketing staff.
· Coordinate SL marketing activities, including, but not limited to, public relations / communications, advertising, brand identity, collateral, statement of qualifications, brochures, websites, shows / events and lead generation.
· Manage the SL sales activities, including, but not limited to, responding to Requests for Information, Requests for Quotations, Requests for Proposals / Tenders, sales visits, customer meetings and attendance at show / events.
· Assist in the development of quotations, proposals and tenders and review all quotations, proposals and tenders before submittal, obtaining the necessary authorizations, as required.
· Organize and track all sales leads and forecast the probability, phasing, and potential revenue/margin of such opportunities to the President on a monthly basis.
· Provide a brief market report on a monthly basis and a more detailed market report to the President on a quarterly basis.
· Attend conferences, workshops, technical meetings and business meetings as required to keep up to date on changes in the industry / market and to develop business for Fugro.
· Work closely with commercial managers or sales and marketing staff in other Fugro operating companies to develop business opportunities for both parties in their region.
· Travel both domestically and internationally to meet with existing and/or new customers and attend conferences, workshops and / or business meetings.
· Keep detailed records and logs regarding performance of the above responsibilities.
· Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
· Driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record is required.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, preferably in a Technology program.
· 10 years of related industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, Hydrography background is a plus.
· 5 years’ experience in a business development role for a professional geospatial services (survey) company is required.
· Strong management background in some or all the following; geomatics, GEOINT, engineering, surveying, mapping, multibeam, Lidar, survey equipment integration, GPS, GNSS, tides, remote sensing and maritime cartography.
· ACSM Certified Hydrographer or CAT-A Hydrographer credentials are desired, but not required.
· Proficiency of general productivity software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; Internet software, E-mail; Windows XP and Vista operating systems.
· Familiarity of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is required.
· Proficiency of Project Management software, such as MS Project is required.
· Must be eligible to obtain international travel documents and passport.
This would be a great position for candidates with strong commercial management in the offshore or airborne survey industry. Relocation may be considered for exceptionally qualified applicants.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on the following link: https://fugro.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Houston/Commercial-Manager---Marine_R0004952.