Hydrographic Survey Specialist, Applied Technology Services – San Ramon
PG&E’s Applied Technologies Services (ATS) Materials & Bathymetry Support Services unit provides a range of services, including bathymetric surveys inshore and near shores of lakes and water ways throughout service territory in California.
Facility description: ATS has a several laboratories Chemistry, Metallurgical, Welding, Non-destructive testing facilities, Electrical testing (failure testing and smart grid), Calibration laboratory and Performance testing. The bathymetric equipment includes multibeam echo sounders, single beam bottom sonar, side scan sonar, sub- bottom profiler, GPS survey, utility locating equipment and several boats of various sizes.
A successful candidate will have leadership skills and some supervisory experience. You will plan and direct bathymetric survey projects both major/minor in size as well as administer outside contract work. You should have 3+ years hydrographic surveying experience; with an emphasis on Multibeam Echo Sounder and GPS survey techniques, and experience with data collection and processing software (e.g., HYPACK, CARIS, PDS, QINSY). Strong oral and written communication skills with a customer focus and a can do attitude are required. The candidate will have a BS degree in related field, (e.g. Hydrographic Science, Surveying, Oceanography, or Engineering). Work experience in the gas pipeline or power generation industries a plus. Travel requirement: up to 50% of the time, throughout the PG&E territory.
- Safety: Demonstrate safe working practices at all times. Advocate focus on customer, general public and employee safety in all work practices.
- Lead the Bathymetric survey team to improve safety and reliability for PG&E.
- Client Management: Consulting experience is a plus, excellent communication skills (oral and written) are essential. Successful candidates should work well with others and have a client focus. Job requires developing and promoting strong client relationships, having a can do attitude and being sensitive to client issues.
- Job Management: Plan and direct bathymetric survey projects and administer outside contract work effectively. Experience with job development - including scope definition, schedule and cost estimates are crucial.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrographic Science, Surveying, Oceanography, Engineering or related field
- 3 years of related experience in hydrographic surveying related to bottom profiling and surveying
- Supervisory experience and leading a Bathymetric survey team.
- A working knowledge of IHO Standards
- Professional Land Surveyors registration
- Consulting experience a plus
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
To apply: go to www.pge.com careers and search for Job# 19559