At David Evans and Associates, Inc. (DEA), our philosophy is "To find outstanding professionals and give them the freedom and support to do what they do best." Since its founding in 1976 in Portland, OR, DEA has become a recognized leader for progressive and sustainable design and management solutions for complex transportation, land development, energy, and water resources projects nationwide. DEA’s multi-disciplinary teams partner with clients to tailor solutions to meet the unique needs of each project. The firm has 20 offices in seven states and employs roughly 650 people firm wide. DEA is an employee-owned corporation and consistently ranks among ENR’s Top 100 Pure Design firms in the US.
David Evans and Associates, Inc. Marine Services Division is looking for a Hydrographic Project Manager, located in either Gulfport, MS, or Vancouver, WA. Our Hydrographic Project Managers actively participate in: business development, client interaction, managing project execution, scope and budget; estimating projects; coordinating, managing and conducting field operations; overseeing and assisting with data processing efforts; managing risk to crew and equipment; QA/QC; keeping abreast with changing technology; strategic planning; and maintaining good relations with clients and staff. The scope would cover a wide range of hydrographic and marine geophysical services with a primary focus on multibeam bathymetric surveys. Additional duties would include guidance, leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the Marine Services staff.
- Strong project management skills
- Sound business acumen
- Ability to use some or all of the following: Reson multibeam systems, Applanix POS/MV positioning and motion reference system, EdgeTech side scan sonars and similar sonar instrumentation
- Familiar with NOAA and USACE specifications for hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing, estimating, conducting and processing hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of five years of experience in successfully managing people and helping them achieve their maximum potential
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and safety conscious
- Strong working knowledge of Windows-based programs, as well as hydrographic data acquisition software including Hypack, SonarWiz, Applanix POSPac, and CARIS HIPS
- Degree in Geomatics, or related science field
- Strong working knowledge of geodesy
- NSPS/THSOA Hydrographer Certification or IHO Category A Hydrographer
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
DEA is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply online at: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DEAINC&cws=37&rid=2886