Based in the Houston, Texas office, the tendering and sales activities of the company help ensure sustained growth, revenue and profit for all geographic locations of the company. The Senior Accounts Manager creates long-term, trusting relationships with our customers by overseeing the portfolio of clients, developing new business from existing clients and actively seeking new sales opportunities.
Because we hire only the best, TerraSond provides the opportunity for you to make the most of your career, work with highly talented people working in a highly safety conscience environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
· Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
· Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of TerraSond solutions according to customer needs and objectives
· Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
· Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement
· Forecast and track key account metrics
· Prepare reports on account status
· Manages Project Managers
· Collaborate with Project Managers to identify and grow opportunities
· Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
· Attend trade shows and seminars to promote services or to learn about industry developments
· Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company services, and to provide sales support
· Create service contracts for services
· Develop sales plans to introduce services in new markets
· Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions
· Identify upsell opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans
· Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest service-line developments
· Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain TerraSond services to customers and prospective customers
· Research and identify potential customers for TerraSond services
· Visit prospective clients at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples and to inform them about pricing, availability, and advantages
· Write technical documentation for services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- Solid understanding of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the business needs of TerraSond
- Able to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems with a pleasant and articulate manner Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong inner drive, self-motivation, and goal-orientation
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Professional in appearance and demeanor
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Works well in organizing short-term teams and building internal relationships
Required Background and Experience
- Technical Industry Expert with 5 years of Geospatial experience including hydrography, geophysics, geology, and related disciplines
- A sound understanding of the US and International markets relevant to TerraSond
- Degree in relevant discipline desireable
Candidate must be leg
ally eligible and insurable to drive to regular assignments
Certificated and Licenses Required
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in the office environment approximately 100% of the time using standard office equipment
- Occasional requirement for travel, possibly at short notice
- Due to the nature of this role, the individual may be required to work outside of normal work hours in order to meet client imposed deadlines and achieve the required outcomes of the position
About Us: TERRASOND, an experienced multidisciplinary organization, remains one of the few truly independent, agile, client-focused survey companies. We deliver innovative, reliable geospatial solutions with a strong company-wide culture in HSE/Q.
OUR GREATEST resource is our people.
Our mission is to collect, compile, and identify geospatial and geophysical information that provides the best possible solution offering the lowest risk for our clients.
Local around the globe, we excel at executing remote and challenging surveys. We have successfully completed thousands of surveys in over 22 countries around the world for over 330 clients. These range from inland surveys to deep ocean seabed exploration and mapping projects.
Please log in here to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application, please contact Human Resources at (907) 745-7215 x147.
TerraSond is committed to a drug free workplace. Drug screening and background checks are required.