Project Manager/Lead Hydrographer
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Norwood, NJ
Posted Date: March 8th, 2018
Alpine is currently searching for a Project Manager with a specialty in hydrography to be based in Norwood, NJ. The chosen individual will be a core member of our field operations team and as such must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid working Visa.
The candidate will be expected to take on the following responsibilities:
· Project Management, including client liaising, planning field operations, overseeing field personnel, and providing QA/QC of data.
· Ensuring HSEQ protocols are following and that personal and co-worker safety is a top priority.
· Supervising the care and maintenance of equipment in the field.
· Encouraging a culture of continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
· Supporting and communicating with field staff effectively.
· Showing leadership under pressure and motivating field staff to meet deadlines while providing clients with a high quality of data.
· Mentoring of other Hydrographers
· A degree in a geomatics related field (hydrography, surveying, or engineering) and minimum of 5 years applied hydrographic field experience, or an applicable Master’s Degree and 3 years’ experience.
· The Candidate’s area of expertise should fall within one or multiple of the following areas: Nautical charting, dredging, O&G infrastructure projects, marine shallow hazards surveys, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
· Candidate must have a working knowledge of hydrographic data acquisition systems and software including Multibeam Sonars, Singlebeam Sonars, Side Scan Sonars, and GNSS navigation systems. Knowledge of operation and deployment of geophysical equipment a plus. Software packages which could be used include QINSy, HYPACK, Edgetech Discover, SonarWiz, Caris, Qimera, and Global Mapper.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD or GIS a plus.
· Candidate should have good knowledge of navigation and positioning techniques, USBL experience is a plus.
· Candidate should have trouble shooting capability on equipment especially when it comes to fine tuning systems for best results.
· Knowledge of mobilizing third party vessels from the bottom up a plus.
· Candidate should have good writing skills and should be able to write preliminary reports and process and interpret data at least to the QA/QC stages.
NSPS/ACSM Certified Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer, or Professional Land Surveyor candidates will be viewed favorably.
Alpine offers access to training, experience and growth opportunities, providing employees a long lived and fulfilling career. As Project Manager/Lead Hydrographer you will be interfacing directly with the company’s Senior Project Managers.
Alpine offers a full benefits package including yearly salary reviews, paid vacation, personal days, health insurance coverage, life insurance, a 401K plan. Benefits may also include corporate credit card, cellular phone and car allowance. Relocation assistance is also available if appropriate.
Alpine is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Please submit resume with cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.