Ping DSP Inc. is seeking a business minded hydrographer within Canada or the US to play a key role in growing the company around its 3D Sidescan EchoSounder sonar products. The ideal person will be a confident hydrographer with experience and proficiency in Multibeam surveying and processing together with an innate sales ability and a strong affinity for helping and supporting customers in a wide range of sonar survey applications. Job location is flexible and could potentially be based anywhere in Canada or the US. Salary will consist of a base rate plus commission.
· Generate and follow-up sales leads in North America
· Process example bathymetry datasets with Caris or Hypack or equivalent
· Provide pre-sales and after sales customer support in relation to hydrography, habitat mapping, and other types of subsea surveys
· Help generate promotional materials
· Conduct product demonstrations in support of sales
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Previous sales experience or strong affinity for business development in sonar mapping and imaging technology
· Degree in Marine Geomatics, or certified training in Hydrography
· Excellent competency in conducting and processing hydrographic surveys
· Technical expertise using subsea survey equipment (e.g. multibeam echosounders, sidescan sonar, GPS/INS variations) and software (e.g. Caris, Hypack, QINSy)
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Good listener, genuinely interested in making the customer happy
· Friendly easy going personality personality
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills (english)
About Ping DSP:
Ping DSP Inc is a world leader in innovative sonar technology for hydrographic and environmental underwater mapping and imaging. The company has its roots in underwater acoustics, electrical engineering and array signal processing and is well known for developing the only true three dimensional sidescan imaging sonar. The 3DSS-DX-450 simultaneously provides clean, high resolution IHO bathymetry as well as stunning 3D sidescan and 2D sidescan imagery and is both compact and, easy to use.
Please email a resume outlining education and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resume's by regular mail.
Ping DSP Inc 10990 Madrona Drive North Saanich, BC Canada V8L 5R7 www.pingdsp.com